SUNDAY 4 PM GAMES
- I will be curious to see how Russel Wilson’s ankle plays in week 2. If he isn’t able to plant and cut in his normal way my 13 win Seahawks are going to be the 9-10 win Seahawks.
- It’s hard to know who to trust on these Seahawks fantasy wise. I own shares of Tyler Lockett and I don’t know what to do. There will be fantasy value on this team not named Wilson. I just am not sure who it is yet, or if it will be reliable.
- After their week one El Stinko the now LA Rams open up at home with one of the best teams in the NFL (and their division) in week 2. Welcome back to the NFL LA you’re gonna keep getting your ass kicked!
- Todd Gurley. Only relevant guy. And he could maybe not be relevant if the Rams really stink.
Seahawks 27, Rams 10 (UNDER 38)
- What a great start for the Bucs. I didn’t think they would show THAT until mid season. Now the question becomes was it them, or is Atlanta that bad?
- I’d say you should start your Bucs, Doug Martin and Mike Evans. Jameis Winston and Austin Seferian Jenkins are interesting longer term plays.
- I think the Cards take out their “loss to the Pats frustrations” out on the Bucs, if they can. I’m not sold that these Cards can assert their will on the Bucs that they make think they can.
- Start your Cardinals. You can’t not start them based on where they were drafted.
Cardinals 45, Bucs 35 (OVER 50.5)
- The Jags hung with a Packers team that is traditionally better than them. The question becomes, are they really better than them? I’m not so sure. I’ll be interested to see a Jaguars/Packers matchup in the playoffs.
- Start your Jags not named Ivory. I don’t know what his deal is but I’m starting to think Zika is on the table.
- How do the Chargers respond to losing Keenan Allen? I’m not sure it goes over so well.
- I own Antonio Gates, but I’m not sure he is startable even without Allen around. Danny Woodhead almost seems to have taken over that “safety” valve role for Rivers. Start Melvin Gordon for sure though, and Woodhead in PPR.
Jaguars 27, Chargers 24 (OVER 47)
- Oh the poor Falcons just seem to be missing SOMETHING. I don’t know that anyone knows what it is yet, but it’s missing for sure. Going to hard to beat a young up and coming Raiders team on the road.
- I think you’ve gotta start Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu is interesting, but other than that? I’m suspect.
- I’ve got a lot invested in the Raiders returning to being good, but they looked to be able to prove it last week. With a few defensive tweaks and against lesser QBs their defense could very easily make a jump from adequate to borderline dominant.
- Start Derek Carr, Latavius Murray and Amari Cooper. Michael Crabtree is interesting, but I wouldn’t trust him, yet.
Raiders 36, Falcons 21 (OVER 49.5)
- Colts keep repeating the pattern in where they don’t improve the team around the QB and expect miracles. It doesn’t work that way Mr. Irsay.
- Gotta start Andrew Luck, TY Hilton and Donte Moncrief. Phillip Dorsett, are interesting, but if you have better options don’t be fooled.
- If I were a Bronco fan I’d be very concerned that the team hasn’t done enough to insulate itself against the possibility of an injury, specifically to Von Miller.
- CJ Anderson looks pretty good. I’m not sure what the WRs are going to look like without a decent QB to throw to them. SO you have to start them, but
Broncos 27, Colts 24 (OVER 46)
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
- Hmmmmmmm is what the Packers make me feel. They have disappointed of late, and it doesn’t look like they have done enough to alter that path.
- But still start you Packers, Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb.
Cardinals 20, Patriots 17 (UNDER 47)
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
- Carson Wentz isn’t going to look like a veteran every week, and its easy against the Browns. He looked so good against the Browns though it seems that he may be way ahead of the rest of the rookie and second year QBs.
- Jordan Matthews is a stud, Ryan Mathews is a maybe guy. Healthy Zach Ertz is legit, but TE is a shit show so good luck.
- Oh the Bears. While I think John Fox is solid, Jay Cutler cancels that out, maybe more than cancels that out. Their roster is rough, it’s likely to be a long season.
- Jeremy Langford is going to get enough carries and Alshon Jeffery is going to get enough targets, but other than that, blech.
Bears 21, Eagles 20 (UNDER 43)